Sunday, February 3, 2008

Juice Feasting - Day 52

Time is going by so fast on the juice feasting. It's hard to believe I am at 52 days already. I have grown to love my juices so much. Although it takes about 1 1/4 hours each day to do my juicing, it's then done for the day and I can turn my attention to other things. After awhile it just becomes routine. In a way this is much easier than having to think about what I am going to eat every day and at each meal. Simple.

Through the last week I have been processing so many emotions. Old toxic emotions (10 years and older) have been surfacing. Anger, despair, hopelessness, etc, etc. I know they are here to be released. I release them with gratitude and in recognition of the valuable lessons they have taught me.

Boy, just had to have some papaya juice today. I have had really strong cravings for it lately. YUM! I mixed some papaya with apple today. What a wonderful treat.

Today's Juices:
1 quart - water, MSM, lemon
1 quart - papaya, apple (so yummy)
3 quarts - spianch, celery, kale, red chard, apple, sunchokes, cucumber
1 quart - grapefruit, orange
2 quarts - water

Supplements:
Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, B-12, Liver Rescue, Marine Phytoplankton, Blue Green Algae, Chlorella, Vitalzyme, Enzymes
______________________________________________________

9 comments:

Ben Kaelan said...

I just found your blog! Thank you so much for adding a link to mine. I'll reciprocate as soon as I get home! :)

I'm amazed by your before and after pictures. It's amazing what a difference there is between cooked vegetarianism and raw veganism. I'm starting to suspect that my thoughts about being 'super healthy' as a cooked vegan were possibly erroneous. Regardless, I do believe I will be transitioning to raw veganism after my juice feast.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. :)

Bronwyn said...

I, too, am amazed and inspired by your journey! I'm on Day 27 of the feast...and am blogging my experiences, too (www.juicepulpnonfiction.blogspot.com)

Cheers! I'll keep checking in on your blog!

Bronwyn

MARYYX said...

Good morning
Are you still juice feasting? I have a link to your blog on mine - and if you have completed your feast, I would like to indicate how long it was.

Your before/after pictures are amazing! I've got a chunk of weight to lose myself, hoping to go from nearly 250 to 130-140. Thanks for the inspiration.
Maryyx
maryyx@sbcglobal.net

John said...

I love juicing too! I've been getting into it more and more, and am becoming interested in trying the whole raw food thing.

I've heard good things from many people, and want to get started with it soon. Your blog has some great info about it all! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Breville Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor: its on Amazon for a good price http://amzn.to/vZGpa9

This is my third juicing machine. My first was a Champion which served without problems for years. On the plus side it was powerful and durable. On the down side it was rather noisy, vibrated a lot and left a lot of juice in the pulp and was hard to clean. My second juicer was the omega screw machine which I still have. I bought it because it also did wheat grass. On the plus side it is quiet and juices anything, makes nut butter and extracts a lot of juice leaving very dry pulp. On the down side it is slow and worst of all the feed tube is really small. You have to do a lot of cutting to get things small enough to get into the feed tube. I pretty much only use it for wheatgrass now. The Breville is the best juicer I have had. It is an example of good product design in that it is simple, practical and attractive. It is powerful, has a feed tube large enough to take large whole carrots, beets and small apples. It is quiet, comes apart easy and cleans up quickly. The capture pitcher which nests into the machine has a nice cover so you can store the juice for later. If making juice is a hassle you're going to put off doing it. This juicer makes juicing easy and not a hassle.

RickySmith1986 said...

Great tips Loriel, very useful information :) and congratulations on your weight loss http://www.juicersrecipe.com

Find a Juicer said...

Great! Juicing is a natural way to be healthy. I love it and so my family. I'm also running a juicer review site to help those juicing lovers to choose the recommended juicers on the market.

Ty said...

My own juice feast is just underway as well, and I plan to update daily (or nearly daily) for 40 days. I learned a lot reading others' experiences, including your own, which makes me wonder what happened to end your blog so abruptly?

http://www.taoofjuice.blogspot.com.

Fred said...

I like this blog! Truly amazing!